ARLINGTON, Va.--(뉴스와이어) 2019년 06월 12일 -- CES Asia 2019 opened today as more than 550 companies introduced the next-generation of innovation to the Asian marketplace, including the latest in 5G, AI, vehicle tech and advancements from more than 115 startups. Opening day of the show featured keynotes from the leaders of Audi, Huawei and Hyundai, and major product announcements from global tech brands. Now in its fifth year, CES Asia 2019 runs through June 13 at the Shanghai New International Expo Center (SNIEC).
Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, opened the day with a keynote address. “CES Asia is the only event on the continent that brings the entire consumer technology ecosystem together to better our future,” said Shapiro. “Globally, we stand at the precipice of great change, and we must embrace opportunities - like this event - to unite around our shared promise of the future.”
CES Asia Keynotes
Following Shapiro‘s remarks, Mr. Wu Jianghong, General Manager of co-producer Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd., introduced the first keynoter of the day, Mr. Shao Yang, Chief Strategic Officer of Huawei Consumer Business. Mr. Shao talked about Huawei’s AI technology and its strategy for the future. The Huawei keynote speech focused on how AI can help link and activate the loT system by being centered around the smartphone, and how it can drive the loT hardware ecosystem via the 1+8 entry strategy.
Mr. Kyounglim Yun, executive vice president and head of Hyundai’s Open Innovation Strategy Division took the keynote stage in the afternoon and shared Hyundai’s vision for the future of mobility. Hyundai is pioneering a battery exchange program to keep electric scooters and cars on the road 24/7. In addition, the company announced that it is cooperating with Kuandeng to develop self-driving cars in both China and South Korea and is also partnering with Ubiai to transform the insurance industry using AI and data from driving.
During the afternoon keynote, Thomas Owsianski, president of Audi China, unveiled Audi’s transformation of mobility from a driving experience to a digital adventure. Audi has developed Audi Connect, a first-class open-service platform for automotive. The next generation of Audi Connect optimizes the most popular apps for in-car usage. In addition, Audi is also partnering with Holoride to create a VR entertainment experience and is using the latest technology and design to make vehicles both more comfortable and more usable for passengers.
CES Asia Conference Sessions
One of today’s highlights came from the “Fashion + Tech = Innovation” panel, which featured fashion icon Jason Wu; contemporary fashion photographer Chen Man and CEO of Chatail Xuan Zheng. Moderated by Shaway Yeh, fashion journalist and founder of yehyehyeh, the panelists explored the intertwined industries of technology and fashion and possible future advancements in the market.
CES Asia 2019: Trends to Watch
“CES Asia 2019: Trends to Watch” conference session focused on the impactful trends, next big things and disruptive innovations at CES Asia 2019. Steve Koenig, Consumer Technology Association vice president, market research explained how new technologies will occupy the consumer landscape before you hit the show floor.
CES Asia Exhibitor Announcements
Seventeen major brands took to the CES Asia stage to announce company news and unveil products to the Asian marketplace during press events, including:
· AIWAYS - AIWAYS showcased its AI growth engine, which carries eight AIWAYS Intelligent Accompany Technologies.
· Audi - Audi announced to triple its local R&D capacity with a lighthouse project and premiered its next generation Audi Connect to provide a smartphone-like user experience.
· Baidu - Baidu showcased the latest developments of the Baidu Apollo ecosystem, of which the intelligent multi-mode interaction was the highlight.
· Beijing Visual World Technology Co. - The company launched its fifth-generation robotic vacuum cleaner, which has the latest 3D-vision navigation technology, at CES Asia 2019.
· Honda - Honda discussed Honda Xcelerator, a Honda-funded incubator that is working with over 100 Chinese startups.
· Hozon - Hozon launched a new, SUV-like car named “U,” which was produced based around an intelligent cockpit and intelligent driving, as well as Hozon’s own intelligence competence.
· Hyundai - Hyundai stressed its three strategic pillars - clean mobility, connected Mobility and freedom in mobility as it accelerates the development of its various next-gen technologies.
· Hyundai Mobis - Hyundai Mobis announced its plans to establish a product series of advanced driver assistance system in 2021.
· iFLYTEK - iFLYTEK introduced its latest C-terminal product, the iFLYTEK Translator 3.0, the iFLYTEK Intelligent Recording Pen, the upgraded system iFLYOS 2.0 featuring the Internet of Things, and related applications for smart vehicles. They also announced three new products which won 2019 CES Asia Innovation Awards.
· Inceptio - Inceptio announced its plan for the company’s L3 autonomous driving systems for trucks to enter into mass production in partnership with other industries and broad distribution nationally.
· JD Digits - JD Digits released three new products of intelligent robots --- Intelligent Delivery Robot, Track Inspection Robot and Intelligent Wearable Bionic Hand.
· KIA - KIA unveiled two key new technologies “Real-time Emotion Adaptive Driving” (R.E.A.D.) and “V-Touch” - a world-first virtual touch-type gesture control technology, as well its future EV concept “Habaniro”.
· Nissan - Nissan shared its perspective on the future of intelligent mobility: intelligent driving, intelligent power and intelligent integration.
· Remo Tech Co., Ltd. - The creator of artificial intelligence brand OBSBOT announced that it will launch their flagship AI camera OBSBOT Tail at CES Asia 2019.
· Roboteam Home Technology - The company announced that its multi-purpose home intelligent robot, Temi, will officially enter the mainland China market in the second half of this year.
· Shadow Creator Information Technology Co., Ltd. - Shadow Creator released new MR glasses “JIMO,” which boasts a 55-degree field of view with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 clip.
· Suning - Suning shared its latest technology in retail empowerment, combining retail cloud and unmanned BIU stores with strategic internal management and 5G.
CES Asia is one of Asia’s fastest growing tradeshows. For the latest news, photos, b-roll, show maps and more, visit CESAsia.com.
WeChat registration for CES Asia 2019 is still available. Follow us on WeChat (ID: CESAsia_II) to register.
High-definition video b-roll is available for easy download on CESbroll.com. Visit the CES Asia photo gallery for the latest pictures. Journalists traveling from outside of China will require a J-1 or J-2 visa. For questions about exhibiting at CES Asia, contact Brian Moon at bmoon@CTA.tech or +1 703-907-4351.
About CES Asia:
Owned and produced by the International CES (Shanghai) Exhibition Co. Ltd. and co-produced by Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd (Shanghai Intex), CES Asia is the premier event for the consumer technology industry, showcasing the full breadth and depth of the innovation value-chain in the Asian marketplace. Key global businesses come to this event to grow and reinforce their brand by showcasing the latest products and technologies to consumer tech industry executives, foreign buyers and international media. Attendees have exclusive access to some of the largest brands from China and around the world, while celebrating the innovation that defines the consumer technology sector.
About International CES (Shanghai) Exhibition Co. Ltd. and CTA:
International CES (Shanghai) Exhibition Co. Ltd. is a wholly foreign-owned enterprise by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), a trade association representing the $398 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 18 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies - 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands - enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® - the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
About Shanghai Intex:
Taken independent in July 2016, Shanghai Intex Exhibition (Co., Ltd.) was originally founded in 1995 as the pioneering exhibition organizing business of Intex Shanghai, the first joint venture venue management business in Shanghai. Shanghai Intex is jointly overseen by the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) Shanghai and PNO Exhibitions, giving it the perfect combination of domestic and international resources. Over the last 20 years, Shanghai Intex has organized more than 100 tradeshows and over 1000 conferences, with a sum total show space in excess of 2 million square meters. Shanghai Intex runs a number of internationally renowned exhibitions covering the music industry, healthcare, lifestyle, advanced manufacturing, public transportation, floriculture, consumer electronics, technology and more.
· CES Asia 2019
June 11-13 - Shanghai, China
· CEO Summit
June 23-26 - Prague, Czech Republic
· Technology & Standards Fall Forum
September 23 - Los Angeles, CA
· CES Unveiled in Paris
October 22 - Paris, France
· CES Unveiled in Amsterdam
October - Amsterdam, Netherlands
· CES 2020
January 7-10, 2020 - Las Vegas, NV
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190611005810/en/